Close

Blog

It’s still coming along (v1.89)

In all honesty, I thought I’d finished it a few weeks ago when I last posted onto the blog. But then I’ve been doing some digging around in the code finding all kinds of weird and wonderful bug-ettes. Daft things like deleting the default Windows folder for Word templates but leaving the Mac one behind. […]

Read More

Gearing up for v1.89 to be released

The add-in is being prepared ready for the next full release. Which means webpage edits and screenshot changes galore as I’ve moved from Office 2013 as my main development tool to Office 2016. If you’ve tried any of the beta versions out, you will have noticed that the screenshots in the manual are now based […]

Read More

New beta (v1.88h) now available

This is just an interim beta release as I’ve fixed a few bits here and there, but I’m still not sure whether I like how the add-in is handling endnotes and footnotes. I’ve added the detection of Whole Document / Selection to the form so that if you only want to amend endnotes/footnotes in a […]

Read More

Still working on endnotes/footnotes (v1.88g)

I’m getting there (honest), but it’s a slow plod as each new idea I come up with to add to the code, either doesn’t work quite as I’d hoped it would, or isn’t much better than what’s Word already has built-in. Just my routines are easier to find 🙂 Here’s the endnotes inspection tool: And, […]

Read More

v1.88f will be due out soon

I’ve been shaving off a few bytes here and a few bytes there. This has entailed all kinds of VBA jiggery-pokery: changing Public vars into Private/Local vars, creating more code here and there – just so that I can delete the multiple existences of it elsewhere and all other kinds of tweaks. But then I […]

Read More

Lack of blog updates, but not coding changes

Shortly after the full version of v1.87 was released, a regular user pointed out a few anomalies in my Section Inspector tool. After a few beta-versions were sent back and forth, and a complete overhaul of how the Section Inspector form layout looked, I now felt much happier with it. Some of the tweaks were […]

Read More

New full version available (v1.87)

I was hoping to get this version out nearer to my 46th birthday, but c’est la vie. Officially I will release this tomorrow via a LinkedIn post, but for those of you reading this on Twitter, you can grab a copy – a day early 🙂 This version has lots of new features and quite […]

Read More

Replace Styles function added to v1.86k

The ability to easily replace style x with style y has been on my To Do list (on my Trello board) since June of 2015. After some screen estate jiggery-pokery, I made some room for the function on the Styles tab within the main Toolbox. The Total label and field have been removed from Styles, […]

Read More