Close

Blog

Time off for new projects

New domain I’ve bought a new domain (mikestoolbox.co.uk -i.e. the site you’re on now) so that I can move this site across to a WordPress-based one. No offence Weebly, but you’ve been great for the last 2 years (and 2 months), but now that I’ve been using WordPress more and more, it’s the way I […]

Read More

Updated version of my Word add-in (v1.89)

It’s been a few months since the release of v1.87, but after several incarnations of the beta (v1.88), I can now announce the availability of v1.89. There have been *lots* of changes: either to existing features, or adding new features. I’ve also fixed some really embarrassing bug fixes and, as a visitor to this blog, […]

Read More

It’s still coming along (v1.89)

In all honesty, I thought I’d finished it a few weeks ago when I last posted onto the blog. But then I’ve been doing some digging around in the code finding all kinds of weird and wonderful bug-ettes. Daft things like deleting the default Windows folder for Word templates but leaving the Mac one behind. […]

Read More

Gearing up for v1.89 to be released

The add-in is being prepared ready for the next full release. Which means webpage edits and screenshot changes galore as I’ve moved from Office 2013 as my main development tool to Office 2016. If you’ve tried any of the beta versions out, you will have noticed that the screenshots in the manual are now based […]

Read More

New beta (v1.88h) now available

This is just an interim beta release as I’ve fixed a few bits here and there, but I’m still not sure whether I like how the add-in is handling endnotes and footnotes. I’ve added the detection of Whole Document / Selection to the form so that if you only want to amend endnotes/footnotes in a […]

Read More

Still working on endnotes/footnotes (v1.88g)

I’m getting there (honest), but it’s a slow plod as each new idea I come up with to add to the code, either doesn’t work quite as I’d hoped it would, or isn’t much better than what’s Word already has built-in. Just my routines are easier to find 🙂 Here’s the endnotes inspection tool: And, […]

Read More

v1.88f will be due out soon

I’ve been shaving off a few bytes here and a few bytes there. This has entailed all kinds of VBA jiggery-pokery: changing Public vars into Private/Local vars, creating more code here and there – just so that I can delete the multiple existences of it elsewhere and all other kinds of tweaks. But then I […]

Read More

Lack of blog updates, but not coding changes

Shortly after the full version of v1.87 was released, a regular user pointed out a few anomalies in my Section Inspector tool. After a few beta-versions were sent back and forth, and a complete overhaul of how the Section Inspector form layout looked, I now felt much happier with it. Some of the tweaks were […]

Read More