Close

Blog

v1.73 now available

I’ve uploaded the latest version for public use / testing / breaking and feedback. A few bugs have been squashed and a new feature (List/Alter Section Breaks) has been added. I’ve removed the No SAP feature as it was an old function (circa 2009!) that I wrote purely to fix a particular type of internal […]

Read More

Minor code update

I had just about put the wraps on v1.72 and was getting ready to release it on this website .. when a work colleague pointed out an error in the Template detection code. I dived into the code, printed the particular bit out and poured over it. I couldn’t work out what I had done […]

Read More

New feature added

Another new feature (a request received from a work colleague) whereby all of the Section Breaks within a document are listed on-screen along with the type of Section Break that it is (Next, Continuous, Odd, Even etc.). You can then select any of the section breaks from the list box, change their type to be […]

Read More

More tweaks to v1.71

I’ve been busy tweaking some of the more basic functions within the Toolbox GUI this morning. A quick bit of code to check that a template does actually exist within the file opened has prevented an error message appearing when you try to change it … within a template file. Also on the basic functionality […]

Read More

Some nice feedback received

After sending out a copy of the Add-In to two people I know via LinkedIn (that are very good with Word VBA), I got some nice feedback by return. There’s no password / protection on my Add-In so that anyone who wants to look at how I’ve coded the Add-In (badly or otherwise), can dive […]

Read More

v1.7 Released!

I’ve finally got to a point where I need external feedback from other technical authors / Word gurus. So I’ve released v1.7 and it’s available on the Downloads page. The manual is included and has a full breakdown of all the features I’ve added since the first release (v1.65) was sent outside of where I […]

Read More

Tweaked Custom Styles UI

Here’s the replacement UI for the old Custom Styles screen.  This is still classed as a WIP purely because I’m awaiting feedback from my colleagues as to what else they would like to be able to see appear in the list box. You can remove Custom Styles as before but the additional feature is that […]

Read More

Removing more code

I decided to remove the Kill Old Styles function in its current form as it was a lot of hard-coded styles that would (probably) only appear in documents found within my workplace. I’ll rethink the Custom Styles screen to include a few more functions that allow more tinkering with styles in bulk. For now there’s […]

Read More

Reworking old routines

One of the first options I put into my Document Properties Report function was to extract all the styles that we (as in our Documentation Team) were interested in looking at.  This enabled us to look at a document’s styles and work out what (if anything) we needed to fix. So I’ve spent the morning […]

Read More

Ooops!

I’ll call this one a ‘lesson learned’.  Whilst moving some of the code about that was linked to the CSV file reporting, I used a lot of ‘Debug.Print’ commands so that I could see that the output file was showing up as it should. I spotted an error which would cause every CSV file to […]

Read More