Close

Blog

Redundancy: Bad news, but also good news!

Being ‘let go’ I found out last month (April 2017), the day before my birthday, that my role was being made redundant as of May 19th 2017. My last day of work at Cheshire Datasystems will be Friday 28th of July. I’ve not posted about it on these pages before the ‘due date’ for two […]

Read More

Broken ankle v1.0

Last week (Monday, March 6th) was the last planned day of a long weekend helping out at the other half’s place with some de-cluttering etc. There were four of us in total, where boxes or bags were packed up, passed down the chain and as I was at the end, it was my job to […]

Read More

It’s getting there (Document Overview Report)

Progress I’ve added in Images, Shapes and Custom Styles into the report generator. So it’s coming along. However, it’s not without any difficulties due to the way Word VBA handles the insertion of a new table. I’m still getting used to the way that it works, for example: Normally, you find the table in your […]

Read More

New beta available (v2.1f)

I’ve finally released a beta version of the Toolbox now that the Report Overview function exports into proper tables. The full suite of reporting options aren’t in there as I’ve got to add Custom Styles, various language detection, template names and both types of image: inline and shapes. But it gives you an idea of […]

Read More

Another update on the Document Review function

It’s coming along nicely. Albeit with a lot of grey hairs being added to the head (and beard) as I split the functions apart from the listboxes into arrays. This morning I finished moving the Fields code out of the form and into the new ‘MainLoops’ module and it, like the others before it, now […]

Read More

Document Report/Overview update

Work has been continuing on this new feature. And it’s coming along quite nicely once I’d got past some severe head-scratching bits where I had to liaise with my Australian guru (Ken Endacott) about why code to export to a Word document that worked fine in one of my Excel projects, just wasn’t working as […]

Read More