Blwyddwyn Newydd Dda! (Happy New Year)

As this is the last post on this blog for 2015, I’ll make it a short one.

Although some of you around the world have already ‘seen it in’, I’ve still got 7.5 hours left before I can raise a glass and say Happy New Year!

I’m taking a short break from my Word Toolbox. That gives me some time to work out which are the next functions to implement and which ones need some optimisation (or not).

Toodle pip and chin-chin 🙂

And v1.85 is now out there!

The cat is finally out of the bag, so to speak, and v1.85 of the Toolbox is now available for everyone who didn’t want to update their old v1.83 with the beta versions. And there were more than a few of those released 🙂

There’s a very *long* list of all the changes that occurred during the development of v1.84 and I hope you find them all useful. There’s a few things that I wanted to add in, but just ran out of time due to me heading off to Holland for a long weekend, followed by the usual Xmas working schedule 🙂

So please update your copies of the toolbox to the latest version and let me know of any updates you feel I’ve not done, functions that could do with tweaking or, the bit I’m dreading, any bugs you find when using the toolbox with your Word documents.

Getting ready for the next full release (v1.85)

I’ve done all of the optimisations that I can think of; I’ve added new functions and I’ve tweaked some of the existing ones. In short, I’ve run out of ideas as to what else I can change in the code.

Therefore, I’ve stopped the development of the v1.84 beta. It had got up to v1.84s in the six months since v1.83 was released. Although there was a beta released at the TCUK 2015 conference in Glasgow, it’s now time for the full version to pop out and get some use.

I’ve sent the manual around to my technical authoring colleagues in work for them to review and pick holes in it as there’s bound to be something I’ve missed 🙂

All I’ve got to do now is start updating the pages on the website, adding descriptions to the new functions that will be present in v1.85 and get the source code package ready for distribution.

As I’m attending the (Atari ST) STNICCC 2015 party – www.stniccc.com – in Gouda, Holland (18th – 21st of December), my intention is to get everything ready for the 16th of December. I fly out on the 17th, as I’m doing a bit of tourism whilst there as it’s been a while since I last visited Holland and I’ve never been to Gouda – although a train went through it once with me on it 🙂