Someone who downloaded my toolkit the other day tripped across a problem when running it – although in actual fact, it crashed and burned immediately.
This is down to me being unable to test it in Word 2010 and relying on others. Unfortunately, whilst I added code to v1.81 to detect and then not use a command when running the Comments Inspection routine if Word 2010 .. didn’t work at all.
This is down to VBA’s editor automatically parsing all of my code, then spitting its feathers out when it comes across the Comments.Done command. As far as Word 2010’s concerned, this is exactly how it should behave as it’s notifying you of something unrecognisable in your code.
So my thanks to David Green for pointing this out. As a quick fix, I’ve sent him some tweaks to the code to remove the functions that employ the Comments.Done command. The toolkit is now working for him and he’s happily reported that the ‘Fix Footer Table’ command is also working too. That was also a problem that other Word 2010 users were reporting back to me, via one of the LinkedIn groups I frequent.
The time has come to start releasing two separate versions of the toolkit ..
My next stage is to look at the use of VBA’s Compiler Directives, so that I can include the above command in the Word 2013 release, but exclude it from the Word 2010 version. But I’ve gained an additional Word 2010 tester too, so that’s the positive spin 🙂